Sunday, February 8, 2009

Faith and Disbelief

Faith and Disbelief

I’m confused, unsure and afraid
of making the wrong choice, of making a mistake
I don’t know which direction I should go
I’m not sure of which book to read,
who to believe, or whose hand I can hold

I see where your coming from, but I disagree
I understand your feelings, but still I believe...
That life is more complicated, than we choose to accept
That there is so much more to it, that we just don’t get

I have many opposing perspectives and conflicting views
which one is the best for me, which one should I choose?

Muhammad, Budah or Christ ?
Pro-choice or Pro-life?
Academia or Activism?
Anti-Racism or White Feminism?
A Black Church...or the White?
Hate Gays or Love Christ?


I keep screaming “Lord have your way!”
Cause I just can’t figure out
how to be so sure, in a world filled with doubt
How to be confident about what’s right, when there’s so much wrong
How to turn hate off, and to turn love on

I don’t mean to quarrel with you, but still...
So much happens in Church, that I just don’t feel
like preaching love, yet practicing hate
or shutting people out because they made a mistake,
hold a different view or practice a different faith,
choose not to marry, or have a same sex mate.

We just get to bickering amongst ourselves, when it is all so trivial
Prejudice is more about mans own desires, and less about what’s biblical
So, stop denying the humanity of others, to elevate your own
Stop boasting about what’s right, cause your just loud and wrong
The truth is, life is full of uncertainties,
powerlessness and mysteries
So, stop acting like, you’re running things
When God is in control of everything
Accept that some things in life aren’t meant for us to understand
And trust and know that it’s all in God’s hands

Trivial differences won’t make a bit of sense
When my lord comes back, and the shit hits the fence!
I have many doubts, but one thing I know
That Christ was brought to this earth, so he could show
people how to live, not kill
how to use our free will
How to accept others and love
How to forgive them, not judge
So, we are wasting precious time
There’s too much confusion in our minds
and life is just much too short
for any of us to ever resort
to hatred, and greed
or misunderstands that feed
into ignorant beliefs
About people that God created
just like you and me

So excuse me, but I refuse...
To believe that Jesus is white
that straight is the only right
that Christians are superior
that women are inferior
and that’s just the start of it
you haven’t heard the half of it
so does that make me a hypocrite?
Just because I acknowledge that
I love Christ, but with the bible
I have some doubts
Like the world being made in 7 days
I mean, what’s that all about?
Like Jesus healing the blind,
and I’m still in a wheelchair
He feed thousands with one loaf of bread
You tell me, how is that fair?
But I trust and love God,
And I have faith enough to believe
That God has a plan and a reason for everything
So, who am I to judge, question or refuse
to answer his call, and to do what he want’s me to
The question I have is, how do you choose?
How do you know, which one you’re answering to?

Inside of me I have several conflicting views
Sometimes I don’t drink, and sometimes I do
I listen to Gospel and Hip Hop too
I like to date men, but I check out girls boobs
I’m just being honest, that’s just what I do
I know I’m not evil, wouldn’t that be convenient for you?
to label me as such because I don’t think like you
I can’t pretend that I know the answers, so I won’t tell you that I do
All I know is, I am trying to make the best out of this life that God gave me
All I know is, Jesus gave his life just to save me
and that’s the most important thing
so I won’t stress over trivial things
That matter to man, but not to Christ
So pay attention, and take my advice
Be strong, and do your best
have faith in what matters, and don’t stress the rest
We have only one life, and all of life is a test
there’s nothing more to it... and there's nothing less

1 comment:

  1. don't let them "christians" read this. I told people how I feel and they started callin me a heathan (is that spelled right?). All I say is just do you and hope that its right.

    ReplyDelete